Bringing home the bacon gets a lot easier with our pottery bacon cooker. It’s a foolproof way to cook bacon for summer BLTs.
You have no messy skillets to wash. Simply drape the slices of bacon around the rim of the cooker, cover with a paper towel, zap in the microwave (about one minute per slice), and voila … crispy bacon!
Plus, all the bacon grease drains out of a hole in the cooker into the surrounding reservoir for easy cleaning. Which we love … and our customers love, too. Customer Melanie Lamb wrote on her review: “Love it! Bacon comes out of the oven crispy and not greasy whatsoever!”
Make the Perfect Summer BLT
Handmade pottery bacon cookers are one of our best sellers. Our generously sized cooker in the Flowering Dogwood glaze lets you cook 6 to 8 slices of bacon. Pair that bacon with a ripe-from-the-garden tomato, your favorite mayo, lettuce and bread, and you’ve got the summer’s best BLT. Or, crumble the cooked bacon onto your favorite summer salad, cheese grits, loaded baked potato, mashed potatoes, warm artichoke dip or hummus.
How to Fry Bacon in a Bacon Cooker
- Cook Time: 6 to 8 minutes
- Total Time: 6 to 8 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Slices
- Drape 6 to 8 slices bacon over the rim of the bacon cooker, spacing them evenly apart. Cover the cooker with a sheet of paper towel.
- Place the cooker and bacon in a microwave oven and cook 1 minute per slice of bacon on high power. Stop the microwave halfway through so you can check how the bacon is cooking. Microwave ovens vary in power and the way they cook.
- Carefully remove the cooker from the microwave oven, and carefully remove the crisp bacon slices from the edges of the cooker. Pour off the hot grease. Place the hot cooker on a trivet or kitchen towel and allow it to cool before washing by hand.