Loading collections ⌛️ ...
Sweet Grits with Strawberry Sorghum Topping
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 cup The Old Mill White Grits
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup
- 2 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 Tbsp. chopped toasted pecans
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Bring milk to a simmer in a large heavy saucepan over high heat. Add salt and sugar, and slowly whisk in the grits along with 2 cups water into the pot. Stir and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring often, until grits are thick, tender, and creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in sorghum and strawberries; reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries are softened.
- Divide grits evenly among bowls and top each with strawberries and pan juices. Stir together pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.