Combine creamed corn with our Yellow Self-Rising Corn Meal and you’re well on your way to having a memorable side dish to go along with ham, fried chicken, and grilled fish.Print
Southern Corn Pudding
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 32 mins
- Total Time: 47 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Sides, Grits and Cornmeal
- 1 cup The Old Mill Self-Rising Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cream-style corn, canned or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Black pepper to taste
- Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2- to 3-quart casserole with a little butter or vegetable oil spray and set aside.
- Place the cornmeal, sugar, cream-style corn, corn kernels, eggs, melted butter, sour cream, and black pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan, and place in the oven.
- Bake until lightly browned and puffed, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm.