Our Salty Bear candies are the star of the show in these indulgent brownies. Don’t skip the caramel drizzle on the top!Print
Salty Bear Caramel Brownies
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 ½ sticks (12 oz.) unsalted butter
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon finely ground The Old Mill Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups The Old Mill White Unbleached Plain Flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 (4 oz) The Old Mill Salty Bears, chopped
- ¼ lb. The Old Mill Vanilla Caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
1. Heat oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and baking soda just until combined. Stir in 2 of the chopped Salty Bears.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20 minutes or until top is shiny and dry to the touch. A pick inserted in the center will not come out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes.
5. Combine caramels and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Drizzle over brownies and top with remaining 2 chopped Salty Bear candies and pinch of salt.
5. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, about 1 hour.