Something about the garlic, herbs, and saltiness of the cream cheese mixture known as “boursin” partners perfectly with The Old Mill’s Christmas Jam: an irresistible combination of cranberries, pears, plums, oranges, and holiday spice. For a last-minute appetizer, whip up the herbed cream cheese in the food processor or blender, form it into a large round (or two smaller ones — freeze one for later). Then cover it with the jam before serving with crackers. Or, gift it to a friend along with a jar of Christmas Jam! When this product is out of season, you’ll love this recipe just as much with our Triple Berry Jam.Print
Homemade Boursin Covered in Christmas Jam
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizers & Snacks, Holiday and Seasonal
- Homemade Boursin:
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives or dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 jar (10.5 ounces) The Old Mill Christmas Jam or Triple Berry Jam
- Whole wheat crackers for serving
- For the Boursin, drop the garlic clove into the bowl of a food processor or blender while the machine is running. Turn off the machine. Add the butter, cream cheese, chives or dill, parsley, salt, basil, thyme, and pepper. Blend in pulses until it is smooth.
- Divide the mixture into two 5-ounce portions. Turn each portion into a ramekin or small bowl lined with plastic wrap. Press down on the mixture with a rubber spatula so that it packs into the ramekin or bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, unwrap one cheese mixture and turn out onto a platter. Spoon half of the contents of the Christmas Jam (about 2/3 cup) over the top. Serve with the whole wheat crackers of your choice. Store the other Boursin and rest of the jam in the refrigerator until time to serve again.
- Note: In a pinch for a quick appetizer? Buy a 5-ounce round of Boursin cheese in the supermarket deli section, and pour a half jar of Christmas Jam over the top.