Bring New Orleans to your kitchen with this classic version of a shrimp Po Boy. Our seafood breading makes prep a breeze. If you don’t like spicy food, we have other pickles in the online shop that don’t have as much heat. If you do like the heat, serve with hot sauce as well.
Fried Shrimp Po Boy
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons The Old Mill Ground Roasted Veggie Seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups The Old Mill Seafood Breading
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 (8 inch) soft French bread rolls or hoagie rolls, split horizontally
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup The Old Mill Pickled Peppers Sweet Fiery Hots
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large deep pot. Heat to 350F on medium heat.
- Toss shrimp with 3 teaspoons seasoning. Dip shrimp in buttermilk, then in the seafood breading. Carefully fry shrimp, in batches, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining shrimp. Season shrimp with 2 teaspoons seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly on bread. Top evenly with shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and pickles.