Deviled eggs are the perfect holiday party appetizer because you can prepare them up to a day ahead of time.Chow chow, a classic Southern pickled relish, takes the place of sweet relish in these deviled eggs. Our Five Pepper Chow Chow has just the right amount of spice which is balanced by the subtle sweetness of our Sweet Cream Butter Olive Oil. Garnished with red paprika and green chives, they will look festive on any holiday table.
Chow Chow Deviled Eggs
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 24 1x
- 12 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. The Old Mill Garlic Asiago Dip Mix
- 6 Tbsp. The Old Mill Five Pepper Chow Chow, drained and minced, plus more for garnish
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. The Old Mill Sweet Cream Butter Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- Paprika, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully lower eggs into pot. Cook 12 minutes. Remove eggs from water and place in ice bath to cool.
2. Peel eggs. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks. Mash yolks with potato masher. Add mayonnaise, mustard, dip mix, lemon juice, chow chow, salt, pepper, and oil, stirring until smooth.
3. Spoon or pipe filling into egg whites. Top each egg with a small pinch of chow chow, chives, and a sprinkling of paprika.