These apples are perfect for a healthy dessert or even breakfast. Swap out the almonds and cherries for any nuts and dried fruits you like, though we loved the combination of cherry and almond. Serve with vanilla ice cream for a dessert reminiscent of apple pie without the crust.
Baked Granola Apples
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons The Old Mill White Unbleached Plain Flour
- 3 tablespoons cold salted butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup The Old Mill Thick Table Rolled Oats
- ½ teaspoon The Old Mill Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 large Granny Smith, Fuji, or Honeycrisp apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup The Old Mill Sourwood Honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar, oats, and apple pie spice, rubbing mixture with your fingers until butter is incorporated. Stir in almonds and cherries.
- Halve apples and remove core and seeds with a melon baller. Place apples cut side up in a baking dish. Drizzle apples with lemon juice and spoon 1 tablespoon honey in center of each apple. Spoon granola topping evenly onto each apple. Pour ¼ cup water into bottom of baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until apples are tender.