Our Commitment to Safety
As we continue to confront the COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuing to make changes to how we do business at The Old Mill. The CDC and other health experts are guiding us as we adjust to new realities in the restaurant and retail industries. At the Old Mill, we are driven by the mission of hospitality – and that starts with your health and safety and that of our team members.
We’re still milling grains just like we have for nearly 200 years. We’re still here to serve you and your family. Things are just a bit different. And that’s OK. There’s nothing more important than family right now, and we’re proud to serve yours. We are altering our businesses because the coronavirus pandemic is real. We value your health and the health of our Old Mill family of employees, and you might see some changes on your next visit to the Old Mill.
Read below to learn more about how we are addressing COVID-19 and the changes we have made to help keep us all safe.
How We Are Prioritizing Your Safety
To ensure the safety of our guests employees against Covid-19, The Old Mill has increased sanitation procedures and implemented social distancing guidelines:
- The Old Mill and Pottery House Cafe will open in-house dining at a reduced capacity, with increased distance between dining tables.
- Retail operations resume with social distancing guidelines: reduced occupancy and arrow appointed shopping flows throughout the store.
- Takeout entrees and family meals resume at the Old Mill Restaurant and Pottery House Cafe.
- Outdoor dining and picnic tables, along with sanitizing materials, have been added across the square for you to enjoy takeout and grab and go foods from our restaurants and Farmhouse Kitchen.
- Disposable menus, single serve condiments and disposable utensils are available upon request.
- Gloves will be worn when rolling dine-in silverware.
- Gloves will be worn by kitchen staff, and changed with hand washing in between tasks.
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed in between booths and at all cashier locations.
- Masks will be required to be worn by all employees.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at all stores and restaurants and multiple outdoor locations through the Old Mill Square.
- We’re Installing ultraviolet in our duct work to kill any airborne germs in all locations.
- All Old Mill employees will be frequently screened for Covid-19 symptoms.