This is a toffee lover’s dream cookie! Our buttery toffee almost melts into the dough as the cookies bake, leaving a crispy-edged, chewy masterpiece. The cookie dough balls can be frozen and then kept frozen in a Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.Print
English Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- Yield: 32 Cookies 1x
- 2 sticks (8 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon finely ground The Old Mill Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 ¾ cups The Old Mill White Unbleached Plain Flour
- 12 oz. The Old Mill English Toffee, chopped
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed 5 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed, until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Add flour and beat on low until almost combined. Add toffee, pecans, and chocolate and mix until combined.
3. Portion dough into 1 ½ ounce portions (about 2 tablespoons) and roll each into a ball. Place dough balls 2 inches apart and bake, in batches, 15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown and cookies are puffed in center. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.