If you fall into the camp of – I’ve never met a chocolate cookie I didn’t like – then by all means, bake this cookie! They are crispy around the edges. They are gooey inside. They are slightly flavored with orange, and that comes from the blood orange olive oil.
Best of all, these cookies are rolled in powdered sugar before baking. And what that does is create a cookie that looks like a chocolate snowball. White and dark and crinkly and flavored with the festive flavor of orange. Hard to resist!
Chocolate Orange Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time: 140
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 Dozen 1x
- Place the brownie mix, eggs, and oil in a large mixing bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a medium-size bowl. Using a tablespoon or 1-inch scoop, drop rounds of brownie dough into the bowl of sugar, toss to coat, then carefully place the cookie balls 12 to a baking sheet. Place the pan in the oven, and bake until the cookies test done but are still soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.