Start with our Biscuit Mix, add a few ingredients you’ve probably already got on hand, and in practically no time you’ve got a batch of savory drop biscuits that are just the thing for serving alongside a simple bowl of tomato soup, or your favorite chili. A drop biscuit is just that — biscuit batter dropped onto the pan and baked. No need to roll out the dough and cut.Print
Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Biscuits and Breads
- 2 cups The Old Mill Biscuit Mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Dash black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the biscuit mix, cheese, buttermilk, black and cayenne pepper in a large bowl and stir with a fork until just combined. Spoon by generous tablespoonfuls onto a baking pan. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.