Bleu Cheese & Chive Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups The Old Mill Plain Unbleached Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick of butter melted
- ¾ cup of buttermilk
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons more of melted butter to brush on
Preheat oven to 450*
Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add to the flour mixture the melted butter, buttermilk, egg, bleu cheese, and chives. Stir until well combined. Drop by spoonsful onto a parchment lined baking sheet, ¼ – 1/3 cup each. Brush with half of the remaining melted butter and bake at 450* for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and immediately brush with the remaining melted butter. Serve warm.
Yields 8-12 biscuits.