Loading collections ⌛️ ...
5 Cheese Grits
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup The Old Mill Yellow Grits
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded gouda cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 350F. Bring milk to a simmer in medium saucepan over medium high heat; gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until thickened and grits are done. Remove from heat; whisk in butter, cheddar, gouda, Gruyere, and mozzarella until butter and cheese melt. Whisk in egg and pepper until combined.
- Pour grits into a buttered 2 quart baking dish. Top with parmesan and bake 35 minutes or until done. Top with chives before serving.